These stupid things are like a black hole filled with kryptonite. I can't resist.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
I'm not going to tag anyone, but encourage everyone to do it!
1. I abhor redundancy. It is one of my biggest pet peeves and really gets under my skin. This sometimes even includes having to repeating myself.
2. I have an intense -- and probably unhealthy -- affinity for Journey tunes. If I had to choose one band to listen to for the rest of my natural life, it would probably be them.
3. I sometimes consider going back to school to study horticulture and botany -- especially in spring and autumn.
4. I have a very keen memory which is often tightly linked to my senses. My oldest memory is learning to walk. If I smell something reminiscent of a moment in my past or focus in on a sensation from a memory, all the senses of that moment will come back to me with almost all of their original intensity. It's actually extremely distracting.
5. I love to travel and even like flying.
6. I was born immune to chicken pox, hepatitis, and mono but I have asthma and a musical heart murmur.
7. As a kid, I loved vegetables and would guard our broccoli harvest because I was convinced that everyone would would want to take them.
8. I can hand-code HTML, and I actually really enjoy it.
9. I am innately curious and love learning, which is a major reason I got into journalism. I have an excuse to to always investigate something new and ask people questions that would otherwise seem intrusive.
10. I am a ridiculous bookworm. I don't know how many books I've read, but I know the number is at least around a thousand. I maintain a 5-book rotation at all times.
11. I love singing. I sing in the car, along with my iTunes, and sometimes I just randomly burst into song. It feels great.
12. I judge people who can't spell and refuse to use proper grammar. Typos are one thing and complicated words will get you points for effort, but if you repeatedly use "definately" when there is no "a" in the root "definite," can't figure out your pronouns (they're vs. their or your vs. you're), and insist on abusing the comma or exclamation point when they have done nothing to wrong you, I am going to think less of you. Sorry.
13. I think I might be part fish, because I am most happy near or in water. If I am land-locked for too long, I will start to get restless.
14. My idea of a perfect vacation involves a thick forest, a lake, a boat, fish, tents or a cabin, dirt under fingernails, the scent of fresh-cut wood and campfire, beer and probably whiskey, cards, and a good deal of making out with my significant other. Hah.
15. I have actually read the entire Merriam-Webster dictionary. For a few years, I really struggled with insomnia and would read the dictionary or my father's medical textbooks and take notes on my favorite words.
16. I have a weird OCD habit with ice cubes. If I can count them, I want there to be an odd number of cubes.
17. I have lived with Faith Lynn for 5 years and haven't killed her yet. I'm seriously falling behind in my duties.
18. I took Tae Kwon Do for 8 years even though I would have rather taken dance. I still hope to learn to ballroom dance.
19. I love cards, board games, and jigsaw puzzles.
20. I get a lot of satisfaction from making things, like scarves or meals from scratch. I'm not sure what it is, but making something out of nothing doesn't seem like work to me.
21. Someday I would like to run my own coffee shop. The scent of fresh-ground beans is intoxicating and I met some wildly fascinating people working at the Daily Grind.
22. I am terrible at asking for help. I tell myself it's because I don't want to inconvenience anyone else or bring someone down -- which is true -- but it's really hard for me to swallow my pride and admit to myself that I can't do it alone.
23. I have kept journals almost all my life, and reading them will almost certainly make me cry.
24. I love writing and receiving letters, but I am terrible at answering in a timely fashion. I once sent a postcard from a vacation 2 months after the vacation was over.
25. I'm a bit of an antiquarian, and I love old things. Some of my most prized possessions are my feather quills, an old typewriter, my great-grandmother's wooden cribbage board and an oil hurricane lamp.