So! I figured that I should find a way to channel this frustration before going back to work. I tried focusing on the positives, like a) I only have two more days (after this) until my weekend! b) I have a spa appointment tomorrow, and c) I mastered a new crochet stitch!
Didn't take. So instead, I'm going to focus on the negatives and create a list of things that have been pissing me right off lately.
- Stupid, stupid, stupid people from my hometown writing notes about how it's "unfair" that "only whites can be considered racist", "whites can't be proud of being white", whites are so put upon by all the other groups that insist on separatism in their "black churches" and "Hispanic chamber of commerce", and posting them on facebook.
- Stupid, stupid, stupid people from my hometown saying that it's a good note, and about time someone finally said it. *facepalm*
- The same stupid kids from my hometown -- who are younger than I am -- trying to give me political advice about the upcoming election when they only know what mommy and daddy told them or what they've heard Rush Limbaugh say, and tell me that I don't understand the issues we're facing in the country today. People, I'm a journalist. It is my job to understand and relay in an easily readable form what is going down in the country today.
- People looking at facts and just denying them because it would be inconvenient for them.
- Conservapedia.com: The fact that this exists scares the shit out of me. Go there. Look up Evolution. Oh it's a fun ride.
- This story. It sucked my soul out my nose, felt like a history paper, and took forever. It was extremely frustrating. It is hard to get dirt on any president from a reliable source. Wiki still doesn't count, y'all. Try finding dirt on 10 presidential pardons and then write a 4 page story on it all within 3 days. It's finally done, but I hate it.
- Sarah Palin.
- The complete desensitization of the word "crisis." Everything is a crisis. The economy is in a crisis. Housing is in a crisis. Gas is in a crisis. Your face is in a crisis. Housing is in a slump. Markets fluctuate. Gas is in short supply in the South because of a completely natural weather phenomenon that happens every goddamn year. Crisis? Really?
- The bailout bill. I haven't read all of it yet, but I remain unconvinced that this is entirely necessary. I see us a few years down the line doing an investigation and seeing that this whole thing was planned and bought by lobbyists. Honestly, the only thing the Bush Administration has ever been good at is freaking our shit out -- but note that they never give specifics and then we get angry later. Right now they're doing a good job of scaring us. They keep telling us the sky is going to fall if we don't act NOW, but they have utterly failed to mention how, or when, or why the sky would fall if we don't shove 700 billion into Wall Street.
- 700 Billion. I want someone to explain to me exactly how this sum was reached.
- The fact that people keep hitting my Grandmother with their vehicles while she's riding her bike. She lives in a small town. This has happened way too often. Pay attention. For the record, she has a concussion but is otherwise fine.
- The fact that I missed all of season 2 of Heroes, and have seen one episode from season 3 replayed, and I have no idea what's going on but I really want to.
- I still haven't called or texted Mike. He still hasn't called or texted me, though I know he asked Faith about me. I want to, but I don't and that's stupid! Awesome!
- I want to do things like go horseback riding, go climb rocks, go hike through wilderness... and I feel like I have no one to do them with. Time is also an issue.
- I have 56 hours of PTO, and am absolutely forbidden to take any of it in November! What the hell?!
- I don't have any food in the house.
*Whew* Much better.