You know how sometimes people on your friend's list (and/or Google Reader) post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out :)
You think you know... but you have no idea.
1. First Name: Shelby
2. Age: 23, but my maturity level oscillates, generally between 13-year-old boy and over-protective matron.
3. Location: I live in fabulous Uptown Minneapolis, and I work in St. Paul. I am the quintessential Twin Cities girl, although I grew up in small-town hick-ville Wisconsin, which is currently under water and probably better for it!
4. Occupation: HUB Editor, which is the my dream come true in so many ways. I'm a journalist, for realz. I'm essentially an on-call editor for when the 30 odd stations I work for have no one in the office. If news breaks, I write up a story and put it on the site in 20 minutes or so. It's very challenging, and very fun. I have unfettered access to the AP wires, so I'm always in the know, but I'm not always under a severe deadline crunch. In fact, I spend a lot of time on LJ, Facebook, playing bejeweled, and reading books. Also, there's a Wii in the breakroom.
5. Partner?: Well, let's hope this doesn't jinx it by labeling him as such, so I'll put up the "wary" picture:
Mike. He is smart, he's not afraid to be silly, he's social, sporty and spontaneous. We wrestle, we play, we joke, we travel. It's nonchalant and natural and he gets me. He makes me happy every single day, and I'm comfortable being me around him. I'm extremely grateful that he's in my life. He's a stellar human being, and a wonderful friend. [/no moar chz]
6. Kids: Nope! And thank the sweet, merciful baby Jesus because I am neither maternal nor mature enough to handle that kind of a responsibility. I'm sure I could rise to the occasion, but I'm really not willing to do that for at least half a decade.
7. Brothers/Sisters: I have one full brother, Adam, who is younger than me. I feel bad that he's not a larger part in my life, but the family dynamic in our house was never really conducive to closeness.
8. Pets: Gucci aka "Beagle":
Sometimes we love her. Most of the time we hate her. She's kind of naughty. Gets into the trash, howls when you're gone, pees on things, is not good at games.
He's iridescent and very playful. Although, on occasion, he decides he hates everything and runs around flicking his gills out and trying to kill anything in nip-range. He's totally attacked my finger before.
I do have a snake for the summer... his name is Salsa and I'll get a picture on here sometime. He was shedding on my leg the other night. That was pretty weird.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life: In no particular order...
- My relationship with Mike, and our zany plans.
- My job and how it's developing.
- My new car! I just got Fae, my Volkswagen Jetta, last week. I finally have an asset!
- Becoming more physically aware and fit.
- Conducting research for my next serious attempt at a novel.
10) College? I got my degree in Print Journalism last year, minored in theatre arts... and I just want to say HA HA to my mother who told me that my career track wouldn't get me anywhere.
11) Parents? Paula & Dennis. My mother is still crazy, but I'm dealing with it a lot better with Mike's guidance. My dad is is getting older, and has had some health issues recently. I love him more than I can possibly say, and I am terrified that he won't make it to my wedding. I need him to be there.
12) Who are some of your closest friends? Faith aka worthyopponent, Sandy aka aither_nyx, Nic, and Mike.