And I have dinner with Mike pretty soon! I can't be this wiped out!
Although, by all accounts my exhaustion is completely justified. I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning talking to Dan about his concerns regarding our failed relationship which actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He just wanted some opinions, and no one got hurt. In fact, I think it will make our interactions going forward significantly less awkward.
I was also editing Carmen's final paper for one of her courses. I tell ya, there's nothing quite like learning about cloud seeding after midnight.
Speaking of said paper, Carmen woke me up at 7:50 in the mornin' saying that she couldn't open the doc I sent her so there was a lot of grunting and yawning and resending of things. All of which was then, of course, succeeded by a whole lot of explaining and directing on the functions of Microsoft Word.
After that I couldn't get back to sleep, so I resumed ransacking my wardrobe. When I say ransacking, I mean I threw out 3/4 of all the clothes I own today. I took them to Goodwill, and I bade them farewell. I took the survivors to the dry cleaners, and then I went on an emergency shopping trip to recover some of the necessities I had thrown out in my passion. You know, things like socks, underwear, and shirts. Kind of important, if you're into that sort of thing.
There were other tedious errands involved too, but the moral of the story is that I just got home about a half an hour ago and my feet really hurt.
I kinda want to just shout: HAY GUYS, I'M NOT WORKING 7 DAYS A WEEK ANYMORE BUT I'M STILL RLY BUSY. WHAT GIVES?
Siriusly. The rest of this week's itinerary:
- 10:45 - Physical @ the Doc's
- After that - Zoo w/ my great and worthyopponent
- Post zoo - Shopping for necessities (I have four casual shirts and 2 pairs of jeans now, guys! I have almost nothing for summer.)
- Post shopping - Probably something. There's always something. Hopefully it involves liquor...
- Begin closet excavation
- Give up on closet excavation
- Vacuum every nook and cranny
- Laundry! (At least there's significantly less now...)
- Leaving for Chicago w/ Mike
- Chicago w/ Mike.
- Chicago w/ Mike
- Returning to the cities
- Purchasing Eddie Izzard tickets
And then on Monday I start my new job. I think I need another week off.