I no longer work at the vile foreclosure company for a power-hungry, aneorexic lemur! Nay! I now work as a Hub Editor for IB. Writing, editing, and rocking!
My last day at the Fid was Wednesday, and I start my new job next Monday. Let's hear it for change, y'all!
In honor of this change, here's a long overdue news roundup! Get in the know, people!
- First, some background: A Brief History of China and Tibet, written by yours truly.
- China is all about the propaganda! And gross miscategorizations, evidently. Considering that Tibetan Buddhism is a major religion, I think it's a bit much to refer to Tibetans and Buddhists as the "Dalai clique."
- Let's not forget China's continued endorsement of the Sudanese government, and by extension the massive genocide in Darfur.
- But let's not stop there! China has also been linked to supplying weapons to Robert Mugabe, which spells bad news for the citizens of Zimbabwe.
I tell ya, these guys have their hands full. Full of dirt. Damnit, China!
- Quarterly reports show that Vista flopped. Flopped to the tune of $300 milion. Nice.
- Music authentication needed? Too bad. Microsoft is taking down their music servers Aug. 31st, and no there's nothing you can do about it. What does this mean?
According to MSN Entertainment and Video Services manager Rob Bennett:
“As of August 31, 2008, we will no longer be able to support the retrieval of license keys for the songs you purchased from MSN Music or the authorization of additional computers,” writes Bennett. “You will need to obtain a license key for each of your songs downloaded from MSN Music on any new computer, and you must do so before August 31, 2008. If you attempt to transfer your songs to additional computers after August 31, 2008, those songs will not successfully play.”
Have fun with that, kids.
- So what does all of this mean for Microsoft? A 6% fall in stocks, and they're taking other tech stocks down with them.
Let's Talk Politics, briefly.
- Clinton raised $10 million, maybe now she'll start paying her bills! Sadly, even that amount wont cover it.
- McCain loves teh Jesus! He just won't talk about it much.
- McCain also has apparently flipped and flopped his way back to the party line when it comes to tax cuts. Oh, that terminology will never die.
- Hey Hillary! Obama don't want to talk to you no more, English Pigdog! Now go boil your bottom, you
sondaughter of a silly person!
There you go. Yes, it's brief, but at least I'm bringing you this!
1 For those of you who didn't hear me complain about this at length, I had to write a story about China. My assignment was to cover the controversial current events in China and how they came about via a reflection into China's history. This assignment was insane, and I talked them down into breaking it into several stories. However, it definitely opened my eyes and I find myself getting irritated with China quite frequently now. This section is an explanation as to why.