Although, I will ruthlessly attack the digital remastering.
As always, this will grow as the film progresses.
- Um, wut? We're watching this on HBO On Demand... and for some reason it sounds like VHS. And the colors don't exactly match up.
- HAHAHAHA. IT'S ALL MADE OF PLASTIC.
- C3PO is terrible at exposition.
- Apparently, in the 70's, rebels didn't believe in protective armor. Just plastic helmets and sweater-vests for the good guys.
- Darth! You don't get answers to your questions when you kill your informants!
- Do they really need to protect the 'troopers from being shot in the ass? Plastic butt-coverings? Really?
- Wow. C3PO is such a Negative Nancy. Also, why is R2D2 the most sane character in this entire series?
- Don't lie to me. Some of these droids were made with trash cans.
- George Lucas is possibly the worst director in the history of ever.
- Are you serious?! Were the CGI womprats really necessary? I think you'll find that the answer is no. Always no.
- Since when do light sabers leave blood?
- WHAT? They added a scene with CGI Jabba? And Han referred to that obese slug as a human being?? THIS IS HORIBLE. TELL ME YOU ARE OUTRAGED.
- Luke is unbelievably stupid, he repeats himself, and his voice cracks a lot. And he doesn't necessarily make sense when he speaks. "It's the princess from the message!" ... as if that means anything to anyone other than Ben Kenobi or the droids.
- I love how Ben Kenobi pretty much got off the Millenium Falcon and went straight to go die.
- George shoulda got these boys some fencing lessons.
- How long did Luke spend with Obi Wan? Because I'm not buying that he had a deep emotional connection with a guy he only knew for three days.
- I like how Anakin had a serious Mommy complex, and Luke has a Daddy complex.
- Yowza, Princess Leia's lips are perma-glossed.
- Aha, I miss the days when we didn't have to be politically correct. Days when you could call the fat guy "Pork"-somethin'.
These... I'm going to have to take one at a time. Yikes. Too much Lucas. Way, way too much Lucas. Now I remember why the last marathon almost killed me.