Shelby's Chicken & Red Pepper Pita Pizza
No. of servings: 4
- (4) 61/2 in. Whole-wheat Pitas
- (1) Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin (Suggest: 1 inch strips)
- (1) Medium Sweet Onion (Suggest: Cipollini or Yellow Vidalia)
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz. Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup Shredded Provolone (or similar cheese)
- 2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Oregano
- Sprinkling of Basil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Sautee veggies in oil until soft (5 min).
- Add chicken and sautee until cooked through (5 min).
- Put pitas on baking sheet, & put on even amounts of sauteed toppings.
- Sprinkle cheese and herbs on top to preference.
- Bake 7 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
- FIN -