Taken from the University Website
Building Evacuations on East Bank
All employees working in any of the buildings listed below are required to leave the building and will be dismissed from work for the remainder of the day with pay.
Employees scheduled to work evenings or night shifts in these buildings should report to their normal reporting sites in Mechanical Engineering and Scott Hall.
Unless notified otherwise all employees should report to work as usual on Thursday.
Kohltoff Hall, Smith Hall, Fraiser Hall, Science Classroom Building, Walter Library, Johnston Hall, Morrill Hall, Appleby Hall.
I have class on the opposite side of the mall right now and I am not going. It is always better to be safe than sorry. If you have a class in Tate, Ford, Murphy, Lind, or even on to the CSci building, or the Biology building - I say do not go. Call your friends, make sure they're somewhere safe, and stay safe yourself.
Additional Information/Related Links
- Minnesota Daily: Northrop Mall evacuated after bomb threat
- Reuters: University of Minnesota evacuated after bomb threat
- FOX News: Bomb Threat at University of Minnesota
- Star Tribune: Minnesota's campuses rely on high-tech security
- LaCross Tribune: Minnesota colleges and universities have emergency plans