1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 161.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.
"The party and the Krikkit warship locked, in their writhings, a little like two ducks, one of which is trying to make a third duck inside the second duck, while the second duck is trying very hard to explain that it doesn't feel ready for a third duck right now, is uncertain that it would want any putative third duck to be made by this particular first duck anyway, and certainly not while it, the second duck, was busy flying."
- from Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams.
Douglas Adams = high art, y'all.
Also, because this one appeals to me:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
1. Somebody has reduced me to a member of the club...
5. Strollin' into the mirage with my entourage...
6. I'll look around until I've found someone who laughs like you.
8. And when I see you, I really see you upside down...
9. We suffer every day, what is it for?
10. Do you remember when we first met? I sure do.
15. A simple formula: Music and Love.
16. I been sleeping with ghosts, and I been watchin' stars crawlin' out of the sky.
18. Still my heart and hold my tongue...
19. Leaning from the balcony as if without a care...
*I totally couldn't do the first 20 songs that came up because I have so much electronic music sans words in my library. Yowza.
Woooo! No substance! \m/