Howeva! I am coming down with something, methinks. I woke up this morning to scream at yon barking beagle and I got , "*gaspwheeeeze* Shhhh...u...ooh mieh vhhoice ees gone." It was a surprise, but I think it's getting better as I drink this horrible coffee.
I don't care what anyone says, and I know my grandfather does this 8 or 9 times a day, but microwaved coffee is gross y'all. Even if it's only a couple of hours old, and was made from fresh ground beans it's still disgusting. Also disgusting? The fact that my brownie is about as soft and chewy as a brick. Hmm. This gives me an idea for a top 5 list.
Top 5 Things that Make you Scream like a Little Girl or Gag because They're So Gross
1. Vomiting. I am a sympathy puker. I've gotten better over the years, and I've even been able to help a few of my horribly inebriated friends empty the contents of their stomachs after a long night of drinking heavily... but if I even hear it, I will most likely - at the very least - gag multiple times.
2. Curdled Milk. After working at a coffee shop for five years, and occasionally opening up fresh cartons of milk to find them curdled and reeking but only finding out after it's been poured into the steaming pitcher which now needs to be sanitized, while the frazzled, incompetent co-worker that didn't notice has already tried to steam it and oh God... just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. Recently we had an issue with curdled milk in our kitchen, and I definitely almost threw up a great many times while cleaning up the disaster.
3. Molds. Part of this is because I'm allergic, and part of this is because it's just gross. Molds growing on things locked in tupperware is something I almost always refuse to go near with a 10 foot pole. I would rather throw the container away than deal with it, and I have.
4. Fois Gras. I have never, and will never eat this. Excuse me but, goose liver?! In my mind, there are parts of animals that should never be eaten. Like oh, say... entrails. I am a Food Network junkie, and I love me some Iron Chef. Every time they bust out the fois gras though, my nose makes a dive for my forehead and my mouth gets all tangled up in ew. Trust me, I know there are people that eat far worse... but I haven't come in any indirect contact with those people yet.
5. Vinegar. Ever since I was a little kid, when my mother cleaned out the coffee pot I would get sick. To this day, I get really terribly nauseous whenever I catch a wiff. I don't know what it is, but it's just one scent that I absolutely cannot handle.
Also... spiders. I agree with Ron when he says he just doesn't like the way they move. I've shrieked on several occasions, and I have lobbed many books across rooms in order to smash spiders. I have impeccable aim.
I'm debating whether or not do do some legitimate work. I probably should, but I just don't feel like it. I could water the planties! Our basil plant is sprouting second leaves now! The Cilantro has been doing that for awhile, and actual cilantro leaves are forming and it's starting to smell like yum. The chives are interesting, because several of them have died, but the ones that have survived seem very strong and determined. Maybe I'll pour some coffee on them. Evidently they like that sort of thing.
Alright, I've decided. I'm going to shower, and hopefully by the time I'm out the flatmate will be home and we can take a walk. This weather is too gorgeous and rare to be squandered. Besides. I'm sure Gucci would adore being walked.