Someone get me the vague hat, because I'm going to town.
Anyway, in the spirit of Black Friday, the lj wishlist and details.
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. All my CDs got stolen this time last year, and I have never really recovered. Anyone that wants to give me a cd they no longer listen to, or burn me a copy of their favorite... I would love you forever.
2. I have a booklist like you would not believe. Here's a few that I'd ideally like. But if you have a book that you read, enjoyed, and want to share... send it my way. I'll even return it when I'm done if you're attatched to it. :)
Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris
Learning How to Die - Greg Kot
The Curious Incident of the og in Night-time - Mark Haddon
Invisible Monsters - Chuck Pahlanuik
3. I really want an espresso machine.
4. The Danny Deckchair DVD. That movie is so cute it hurts me.
5. I want there to be more drabble in my f-list!
6. I know I don't need this by any means, because I still have a ton of knitting projects I haven't finished, but different sizes of knitting/crocheting needles and yarn!
7. Fantasizing here, but I really want an iTrip for my iPod mini so that I can stop using the stupid tape-deck thing and cursing cars at only have CD capabilities.
8. Similarly, a car plug-in adapter for ipods. Hee.
9. A Starbucks gift card 'cause their holiday beverages are ridiculously tasty. Similarly, borders, barnes & noble, bath 'n' body works, or best buy, 'cause omg books n stuff!
10. I need, and I mean need, to get an external hard drive soon. If anyone has one lying about... heh.
Contact info: drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact me on any of the messangers listed in my userinfo and I can give you my address.
Now for real, fill this out you guys. Anything I can do, I will. 'Tis the season and all that jazz. I love you all.